Sunday, December 14, 2008

Welcome!

Hi, everybody! You might be joining me here from Boomama's Tour of Homes. Happy to have you here! I'm Danielle, and I'm a happy wife and mama in Mississippi. I had every intention of participating in this little tour last year, but having a baby just a few weeks before the event kind of took over! I'm happy to play along this year, though, and can't wait to look around at all the pretties you have posted! Come on in!

~ ~ ~
This happy Santa stands on our front porch, welcoming you into our home.


In the living room is our big tree. I highly recommend the pre-lit kind. ;)




(I'm always looking for excuses to get my two fellas under that mistletoe!)


~ ~ ~

We have lots of fun little goodies in the den and kitchen. Here are a few of my favorites.

This turquoise bowl was a wedding gift, and I love using it to hold ornaments.An angel stands watch over it.

I know the Little People Nativity set is for kids, but we're having fun with it this year. Bear can play with it next year. :) We don't eat many cookies, so our Santa cookie jar fills his bag with pretty ornaments instead.
One of my favorite corners of our kitchen holds this cheese plate with our last-name initial. I like it so much I might just leave it up all year! Our sweet Bear's room has his very own Nativity!

Full disclosure time: Our living room is not quite as neat and put-together as it might appear in the other photos. I love a good macro shot! If you were to come over most days, this is what you would see. Life with a boy is the messiest and most fun thing in the world!

But forget the mess and just let our Elf on a Shelf wish you a very Merry Christmas!

14 comments:

Donna said...

I have three little boys and all the messes that come with them....I think the mess is great! Merry Christmas!

Lindsey said...

I was enjoying your Christmas pics from boomama's blog and was just wondering where you got the little nativity that is in your little boys room? I have a seven month old and have been looking for something like that for him!!

Heather said...

I love your plate!! Your home looks so warm and inviting. Thanks for sharing!! Merry Christmas!!

Melissa said...

Totally get the mess with boys thing. Your honesty is refreshing! Your house is also beautiful!

Cathy said...

Your tree is just beautiful. Yes little boys do have to play with lots of things.

Anonymous said...

I love the last picture the best! We have a 28-month-old son, and our house is never completely picked-up! I need to show this to my husband!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love the nativity scene! I cannot wait to get my 9 month old one for next year! All of your decorations are so pretty! Thanks for sharing! I am from MS and miss it all the time!

Jessica said...

I really like your tree. I'm not usually a big fan of the colored lights, but yours look so good!

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

so pretty! love the colorful tree - thanks for having us over :-) merry Christmas!

Leslie said...

I love the tree and the bowl or ornaments. Very pretty!!!!! Merry Christmas

Ms. Tee said...

What a pretty home you have. I love the turquoise bowl - so pretty~ :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Love your mistletoe.

Your house looks great.

Thanks for inviting us over to tour, and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Yummers! said...

Your tree is beautiful and what a perfect spot for it! I really like your bowl of ornaments too! Good idea!
Joni

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

So Pretty! I love the plate.